BOLD | QUIRKY | DIFFERENT
When is a book not just a book? When it’s created by us.
At One Tentacle Publishing we believe work should speak for itself, and not be defined by a “sales and marketing team”. Our vision is to create books that are not just books. They are multi-modal works comprising of words, artworks and music and often involve performance components.
We believe that the wonder and creativity of art in all its forms always has an audience.
Our objectives are:
- To give writers, illustrators and composers the creative freedom to produce works in the way they envisage them.
- To embrace new ways of publishing, through combining genres, to appeal to diverse audiences.
- To encourage and promote the creation of multi-modal works that bring words, music and art together.
We look forward to sharing our projects with you.
- The Tree of Ecstasy and Unbearable Sadness – Released by One Tentacle Publishing in April 2023. From award winning author/illustrator/composer Matt Ottley comes this masterful allegorical tale for the 21st century, weaving together the worlds of literature, music and visual art in the poignant story of one boy’s journey into mental illness. A multi-modal work of grand proportions.
- The Dying Alchemists – An elucidation of the universe through words and poetry, by author Nicholas Bennett, complemented by a visual response inspired by Nicholas’s poetry by artist, Tina Wilson.
- Afloat in Venice – Monkey can’t wait to use his new camera in Venice… but along the way he discovers something more precious than sight-seeing! Imaginative, nostalgic and quirky, the Monkey’s Great Adventures series by author/illustrator Tina Wilson, with bespoke hand-knitted toys, is beautifully photographed in locations all around the world. Monkey, an endearing soft toy, finds himself in all sorts of scrapes where he learns about himself and the world around him. In this first book, Afloat in Venice, Monkey is entranced by a “magical floating city that seems to grow straight out of the sea.” It includes original music composed by highly acclaimed artist, Matt Ottley, and an additional version specifically narrated for the visually impaired.
- The Faust Trilogy – A special compendium of the three titles in the international best-selling “Faust’ series (What Faust Saw, Faust’s Party and Faust in Space). Written and illustrated by Matt Ottley
- Art Prints by Matt Ottley, Tina Wilson and Lisa Tiffen
- A fun, quirky series of children’s picture books by author/illustrator Lisa Tiffen which subtly show children how to handle the wonderful world of emotions. These titles include; Grumps, Lovelies, Sorrows and Frights and are available from online retailers in both hardcover and paperback versions.